Book Title: Yoga for Healthy Aging: A Guide to Lifelong Well-Being
Author: Baxter Bell
The definitive resource on how to use yoga to foster your physical, mental, and emotional health for a lifetime.
- Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation
- Yoga Therapy: Foundations, Methods, and Practices for Common Ailments
- Relax into Yoga for Seniors: A Six-Week Program for Strength, Balance, Flexibility, and Pain Relief
- Yin Yoga: Stretch the Mindful Way
- Fearless After Fifty: How to Thrive with Grace, Grit and Yoga
- Chair Yoga: Sit, Stretch, and Strengthen Your Way to a Happier, Healthier You
- Yoga for Arthritis: The Complete Guide
- Yoga Rising: 30 Empowering Stories from Yoga Renegades for Every Body
- Deep Listening: A Healing Practice to Calm Your Body, Clear Your Mind, and Open Your Heart
- Your Body, Your Yoga: Learn Alignment Cues That Are Skillful, Safe, and Best Suited To You
Everyone would like to age with as much strength and grace as possible and now numerous studies confirm what many yoga practitioners have known for a long time: yoga practice has a remarkable impact on physical and mental health—and spiritual well-being—as you grow older. Yoga for Healthy Aging
is the definitive resource on how to use yoga to foster your physical, mental, and emotional health for a lifetime.
Baxter Bell, MD, and Nina Zolotow, respected yoga teachers and authors of the popular “Yoga for Healthy Aging” blog, explain how yoga can address concerns related to strength, flexibility, balance, agility, cardiovascular health, brain health, and stress management, among other issues. They offer a safe, real-world yoga program to suit your particular needs, which includes poses, breathing practices, meditation, and yoga philosophy. Their program was developed in consultation with scientific and medical experts on aging, and allow you to focus on maintaining overall physical health and/or addressing target problem areas. Yoga for Healthy Aging
is a yoga toolbox that will set you up for a lifetime of emotional and spiritual well-being.